How to begin using Room4art.com™
You might want to look at our How to Use the Site Tips for some pointers, or get Help by hovering your mouse over a control button where you have a doubt or problem.
If you can describe something about the art you want to see, then try the following:
- Why not think of a word or phrase that summarises the art you most want on your wall, and type that into the keyword search box which appears in the top right of each page and click the find button or just press your keyboard's 'Return' key, like this:
Perhaps you would like a "yellow landscape" or a "Red deer stag in Scotland" or an "abstract" or a picture of old "Chester":.. just type the words for what you want into the search box, and click "FIND".
- You might have some very specific requirements for a picture you are looking for. If so, click on the "Search for Art" menu tab on any page to enter the detailed specification of what you want us to find in our collection.
There you can specify your requirements in any or all of 6 different sections:
- Or you might just want to browse through our collection in no particular order. If you prefer that, just choose "Easy View" from the Home page or to "Browse Art at Random" from the "Search for Art" menu tab. There you can choose for how long you see each picture.
Once you have identified a picture that interests you, you can do the following useful things:
- Zoom in on detail in the picture to examine the brush strokes or signature or to check the condition or see some particularly delightful detail.
- Mount and Frame the picture in the way you wish in our easy-to-use virtual framing centre. If you decide to buy the work, it would be framed for you as you have specified there in our framing centre. Because watercolour framing works slightly differently from framing an oil painting, you will see the optionsyou need according to what you want to frame, like this:
- Look at the Framed picture on a Virtual Wall, that you colour to your choice and in front of which you arrange sample furniture to resemble the wall on which you want to hang the picture, so that you can see the framed picture to scale in proportion to furniture and in a similar colour environment. Simple, like this:
- Email a link to the picture (or to the framing you created, or to a view on the virtual wall) to somebody to whom you want to show it. This might include yourself so you can add notes and forward the e-mail to somebody else. Or just print it (although the photograph looks just like the real thing, while a print usually does not quite).
- Add the picture (framed or not) to My Gallery, so that when you return to Room4art.com™ it will be there for you, so long as you register so we can provide that service. It works like this: