Some of the unwanted events with which you might want technical help, concerning our website or your computer are that...
Privacy settings in BOTH your Browser (e.g: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Safari) AND in any Firewall you may have (e.g: Norton Personal Firewall, Norton Internet Security, Zone Alarm) will control and may block Cookies and so can prevent Room4art.com™ working properly for you.
- Click here to go to a comprehensive list of instructions to reset your cookie controls for Windows and Macintosh operating systems and the most popular browsers.
- Click here for guidance on privacy controls in some popular firewalls.
- Controls and buttons are apparently missing or when you click on a button nothing happens. The Room4art.com™ website makes extensive use of Java, a computer language which should already be installed on your computer. If you are finding this problem then:
- check you have Java installed by checking your Windows Control Panel. If you do not see the coffee cup icon you do not have Java Runtime Environment (JRE) from Sun or your computer manufacturer installed and you need to get it from them. This should be free of charge.
- check that Java on your computer is working by
- Checking to see whether your browser is configured to use the JRE: first open the Windows Control Panel (From the Start menu button, select Settings, then Control Panel to open the Control Panel), find the Java Coffee Cup logo icon in the Control Panel and
- Double click the icon to open the "Java Control Panel"
- In the "Java Control Panel", select the Browser Tab
- Make sure the box next to Internet Explorer, Netscape, or Mozilla is checked
- If it is not checked, click the checkbox to enable the JRE for your Web browser
- Click the Apply button.
- Checking that your browser has Java enabled. Visit the Java website here and follow their instructions.
Checking that your security software is not blocking Mobile Code on Room4art.com™. If you use security software (eg ZoneAlarm, Norton Internet Security, Norton Personal Firewall, McAfee), be aware that this type of software can block Java content from appearing on webpages which will stop our website (and many others) from working. Symantec (who supply Norton) have a guide here which gives advice on how to correct this. If you use other security software and you think this could be a problem, please consult their manual or technical support for advice on how to enable Java applets. ZoneAlarm states the following in its help files:
- Customizing mobile code control
- Malicious mobile code, however, can copy files, clear your hard disk, steal passwords, or command servers. Mobile code control keeps hackers from using active content to compromise your security or damage your computer.
- Specifying which types of mobile code to block
- You can customize mobile code control by which types of active content to block and which to allow.
To customize mobile code control
- Select Privacy|Main.
- In the Mobile Code Control area, click Custom. The Custom Privacy settings dialog appears.
- In the Mobile Code Control area, specify the types of mobile code to block.
- Block scripts (vbscript, etc.) - Blocks scripts that execute automatically, including those required for displaying banners, pop-up ads, and dynamic menus.
- Block embedded objects (java, ActiveX) - Blocks objects embedded in Web pages, including sound and image files.
- Block mime-type integrated objects - Blocks objects whose MIME-type indicates that they are applications.
Note: This option also blocks legitimate executable files sent through the browser, including downloads that you may want to allow. When this occurs, you'll see the error "This object has been blocked" in the browser. For downloads initiated by you, it is safe to disable the Block mime-type integrated objects feature.
- Check that you have not got a pop-up blocker running which is blocking Room4art.com™. You might have a pop-up blocker in the following places:
- your browser (e.g. in Internet Explorer in Tools/Pop-up Blocker). If you want to enable this, then please make sure that www.Room4art.com is added in pop-up blocker settings to the list of allowed sites.
- search engine toolbar (e.g. Google, Yahoo), where it is probably easiest to control and you can allow or block pop-ups for each website you visit. Please allow them for Room4art™ - we promise not to abuse your confidence!
- your security software (eg: Norton or McAfee or ZoneAlarm, where it may be part of your Privacy settings that prevent advertisements popping up.